Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I was in such a rush to post the pics that I didn't have a chance to put any explanations to them. In the pictures of the graduation, there is a picture of Jon with each one of the girls and one with Jon and his parents. Jon gave each one of the girls their own Apache necklace on his graduation as a way of saying thank you for supporting him and helping him get through flight school. I of course got my "PHT"(Pushing Honey Through) award/wings necklace the night of the ball. He also gave his parents their own set of wings as well! The trip back home was long but fast! We did 15 hours the first day, then 14 hours the second day, and about 8 hours the last day! Needless to say we were pretty tired upon arriving at our house! I had some wonderful friends help me unpack and make the beds etc... which was wonderful. Ever since then I have been unpacking our things and purging my house at the same time. My mother lives with us as well, so I am packing her things, so I can make room for mine. It is at times a daughnting task but I will get there someday. The kids are back in school and are making friends and connecting with their old friends as well. Life hasn't slowed down in the least bit, with the school year ending there are so many things to go to and do, and Jon's super busy in his new job! We got here on a Saturday and he was at work that next Monday! Megan just celebrated her 14th birthday! WOW (pictures will come shortly). All in all we are doing well! We love being home, but a part of our hearts will always be in the South!!!

3 comments:

Carissa said...

Hooray, you are home! But I know what you mean about part of your heart being in the South. I miss Alabama occasionally. It was a fun experience living there.

The Healthy Nutcase said...

We miss you guys here! Happy Birthday Megan!!!! Ah yeah baby.. youth dances!!! Ah yeeeah!

~The Dippold's said...

We miss you guys!! Happy Belated Birthday Megan!! Hope you are having a wonderful summer!! At least you dont have the Alabama heat and bugs!! Ha! Ha! :)